Tuesday, March 4, 2014

BEST DRESSED: ACADEMY AWARDS

Sunday night's Academy Awards ceremony lasted for THREE AND A HALF HOURS. That's not including the FOUR HOURS of red carpet coverage beforehand. Although I love Sunday movie marathons and binge watching my favorite shows, an entire day devoted to E! news is a little much. HOWEVER....this year's awards show was more enjoyable than usual . First of all, I'd actually seen a few of the nominated movies (Her, Gravity, Blue Jasmine). Secondly, the ceremony showcased my two great loves. Charlotte said you only get two, right? 

1. Pharrell Williams. He lost to the dorkiest couple ever I might add. No offense.
2. Jordan Catalano, I mean Jared Leto. Jared won two awards Sunday night: Best Supporting Actor and best ombre hair ever. EVER. 

But who really cares about the actual show, am I right? It's all about the pre-show. In other words, THE FASHION. Below are my top three picks for best dressed: Cate Blanchett, Kate Hudson, and Lupita Nyong'O. Who were some of your favorites? Which looks did you hate? I agree with most critic's picks for worst dressed: Anna Kendrick and Anne Hathaway. Anne, maybe you shouldn't have been so quick to ditch Rachel Zoe. I'm just sayin'.
 
 
 Cate Blanchett in Giorgio Armani

 Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace

Lupita Nyong'O in Prada

No comments:

Post a Comment